About Ouino Italian Software.
Due to the fact that Ouino is around for not too long, this software is available only for three foreign languages – Italian, Spanish and French. The other thing to know about Ouino is that it is a 5 module software, which can help you learn new Italian vocabulary and verbs, improve your pronunciation and conversation skills as well as understand grammar. All these mentioned modules can be purchased in combination or separately, which is quite useful in case you only want to learn how to speak Italian or you have limited budget.
One more thing to mention about Ouino is that it can be customized based on learners preferences. What it means is that users of this software can set pronunciation speed, choose gender of a speaker and choose frequency of how often they want to be provided with examples. In addition to that, Ouino allows learners to choose what modules and lessons they want to do at any given time. This option allows users to concentrate on Italian language areas (grammar, pronunciation, new vocabulary and etc.) that interest them the most.
According Ouino, this software provides Italian learners with a total of 316 lessons. While these lessons are quite short at times, it can be said that this course provides learners with a lot of material for learning Italian language. Each lesson in this software begins with an introduction to new material and then examples are provided so that you will be able to better understand how it is used in Italian language. After each lesson you will have an option to do a quiz, which will test how well you understood material in each lesson. It is worthwhile to mention that quizzes in Ouino program are based on points system. Your ultimate goal in these quizzes is to get maximum possible points, which will give you a red ribbon. Since these quizzes changes while you do them multiple times, you are less likely to get bored while trying to get a red ribbon.
What Do User Reviews Say?
Due to the fact that Ouino is not very popular software for learning Italian language yet, there are not so many user reviews available online. However you can find quite a lot of testimonials about this program on other languages, which will give you an idea of what to expect from Ouino Italian too. Some of the most commonly mentioned advantages of Ouino are that it is very reasonably priced studying program, it offers engaging activities for learning and that it teaches all parts of a new language.
When it comes to disadvantages, some users of this software mention that it lacks structure. Due to this, complete beginners at Italian, might find it difficult to figure out what to study next in order to progress with a new language more efficiently. Read a few actual consumer reviews of Ouino Italian software bellow.
For more consumer reviews of Ouino Italian course, visit Amazon page here.
What are The Main Pros and Cons?
The Main Pros:
- In case you want to try Ouino Italian software for free you can do so by downloading demo version at the official website. This demo includes a total of 12 lessons, 12 quizzes as well as 3 pronunciation exercises;
- Ouino course gives Italian learners quite a lot of freedom to choose what they want to learn. For instance you can choose to study grammar, practice your pronunciation, learn new vocabulary or verbs.
- Based on official website of Ouino, this software includes a total of 316 lessons, so it can be said that there is quite a lot of material to cover for Italian learners;
- This language program is suitable for both fast and slow Italian learners. This is because Ouino allows you to select gender of a speaker, pronunciation speed and etc.;
- It is easy to keep track of your progress while learning via Ouino program. This is because can rate each lesson by giving it up to 4 four stars and then come back to more difficult lessons later;
- It can be said that this software is quite engaging since it offers different material and features to study Italian from. Not only you can choose to study different aspects of Italian language (grammar, vocabulary, speaking and etc.), but also each lesson comes provides quizzes and exercises to improve your retention;
- In case your primary goal is to learn how to speak Italian you will not be disappointed with Ouino course. This is because audios in this software are made by native speakers and there is a record feature, which allows you to compare your pronunciation with a native Italian speaker;
- In order to keep your motivation to study this Italian language further and improve, Ouino uses score system and badges in quizzes. This is quite useful feature since you will have a goal to reach maximum possible points in each exercise and get a red ribbon;
- Considering material included and features offered, it can be said that Ouino is very reasonably priced Italian course ($159);
- Ouino Italian course is backed up by money back guarantee, so you can try this software risk free for up to 60 days;
The Main Cons:
- One of the biggest drawbacks of Ouino program is that you need to be around your computer in order to study Italian. Other courses like Rocket and Fluenz offers apps, audio lessons and all material can be accessed online. Due to this it can be said that Ouino is not a suitable language learning program for busy Italian learners;
- As it was mentioned previously this program lets its users to choose what topics and aspects of Italian to study. While it can be seen as benefit, some learners might find it a bit confusing what material and when to study in order to progress with this language efficiently;
- Even though this program provides learner with quizzes it can be said that they are quite similar and by completing them you will not be able to have proper retention on new material that was introduced in the lessons;
- The other drawback of Ouino course is that it doesn’t provide learners with social features. Other courses that are mentioned in this website (Living Language, Rosetta Stone and Rocket) offers Italian learners access to a forum, ability to participate in e-tutoring sessions or chat with other learners;
Summary of a Review.
To summarize this review it can be said that Ouino Italian software has quite a lot of benefits and a few drawbacks. One of the most commonly mentioned benefit of Ouino is that this software allows you to choose what lessons to study and also you can customize this program to suit your learning speed. The other benefit of this course is that it is not very expensive ($115 for all 5 modules) and it included quite a lot of material to study Italian from. It is also worthwhile to mention that this software provides pronunciation comparison feature and recordings are made by native Italian speakers. All this helps to ensure that users of this program can learn proper Italian pronunciation.
One of the biggest downsides of Ouino is that it is not very suitable course for busy Italian learners, since there are no features in this software that would allow you to study while on the go. The other thing to mention is that this program covers subjects not very deeply and provided workouts don’t give enough practice to remember what you have learned in the lessons properly. It would be also quite useful to have some social features, which would allow you to communicate with other Italian learners or tutors so you would not feel like you are learning this language alone. So if these mentioned disadvantages doesn’t outweigh advantages of this software, it is definitely worthwhile to consider Ouino program for learning Italian or other available foreign languages (French and Spanish).
Where to buy Ouino Italian Courses?
In case you have already made a decision to buy Ouino Italian course there are few websites where you can purchase this software from. Some of the best choices for that are Amazon and official Ouino website online.
At the moment the price for this software is $115 on Amazon, so it can be said that Ouino is very affordable language learning software. In case you are short on a budget at the moment, you should also know that it is possible to order separate modules of this program. However our recommendation would be to get a complete course with all modules in it since it is more cost efficient option.
If you want to find out more about online programs that are aimed at teaching Italian read this review article. Here you will find a list of some of the most popular and best rated courses for studying this foreign language together with their main Cons and Pros.